Aspirational clubs around Europe were in action on Thursday night as the Europa League and Europa Conference League both returned to our screens.

Manchester United travelled over to Moldova to take on Sheriff Tiraspol, while West Ham made the journey to Scandinavia in Europe’s third tier.

Here are the results from both competitions of the second matchday of fixtures in the group stage.

Bodo/Glimt 2-1 Zurich

The other game supposed to take place on Thursday was between Arsenal and PSV Eindhoven, but that has been postponed until Thursday 20 October.

Dynamo Kyiv 0-1 AEK Larnaca
Rennes 2-2 Fenerbahce

Roma bounced back from last week’s defeat to Ludogorets Razgrad to comfortably beat Finnish outfit HJK 3-0.

Jose Mourinho’s side were given a boost in the 15th minute when Miro Tenho was sent off for bringing down Andrea Belotti as the last defender.

However, it took the arrival of Paulo Dybala to break the deadlock, the Argentine forward netting a minute after his introduction at half time. Lorenzo Pellegrini had Roma 2-0 up by the 49th minute before new signing Andrea Belotti scored his first goal for the club.

Real B*tis 3-2 Ludogorets Razgrad

Union Saint-Gilloise 3-2 Malmo
Braga 1-0 Union Berlin

Manchester United earned their first points in the Europa League this season as Jadon Sancho and Cristiano Ronaldo netted in a 2-0 win over Sheriff Tiraspol.

Sancho brilliantly controlled Christian Eriksen’s pass and fired in during the first half before Ronaldo added another from the penalty spot, his first goal of the season and his first ever in the Europa League.

Real Sociedad 2-1 Omonoia Nicosia

Midtjylland 5-1 Lazio
Feyenoord 6-0 Sturm Graz

Olympiacos 0-3 Freiburg
Qarabag 3-0 Nantes

Trabzonspor 2-1 Red Star Belgrade
Monaco 0-1 Ferencvaros

RFS 0-2 Hearts
Istanbul Basaksehir 3-0 Fiorentina

FCSB 0-0 Anderlecht

West Ham overcame an early scare to run out comfortable victors in their clash with Danish side Silkeborg.

Kasper Kusck had given the hosts a fifth-minute lead by converting Lukas Engel’s cross, but Manuel Lanzini equalised with a penalty after Maxwel Cornet fell under Tobias Salquist’s challenge.

The Hammers were ahead midway through the first half when Gianluca Scamacca struck from 20 yards and it was 3-1 soon after as Craig Dawson bundled in Aaron Cresswell’s corner.

Silkeborg did pull one back in the second half as Soren Tengstedt fired in after an Alphonse Areola save, but West Ham held on to make it two wins from two.

Hapoel Beer Sheva 1-2 Villarreal
Lech Poznan 4-1 Austria Wien

Partizan Belgrade 1-1 Nice
Koln 4-2 Slovacko

Apollon Limassol 1-3 SC Dnipro-1
AZ Alkmaar 4-1 Vaduz

Djurgaarden 3-2 Molde
Gent 3-0 Shamrock Rovers

Slavia Prague 3-2 Ballkani
CFR Cluj 0-1 Sivasspor

Zalgiris Vilnius 0-1 Basel
Pyunik 2-0 Slovan Bratislava


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *