Fulham earned a thrilling 3-2 win over Nottingham Forest at the City Ground on Friday evening, with a flurry of goals around the hour mark proving the difference between the two sides.

Forest had taken a one goal lead into the second half, before three goals in six minutes from Tosin Adarabioyo, Joao Palhinha and Harrison Reed saw Fulham grab and advantage. Forest managed to grab a goal back but, despite their best efforts, were unable to draw level.

After an even opening, the home side would take a crucial lead through Taiwo Awoniyi in the 11th minute. The ex-Union Berlin marksman stole in at the back post to head home a wicked set-piece delivery from Morgan Gibbs-White.

Fulham reacted to well to going behind and pressed forward with real intensity in search of an equaliser. They came close to getting it in the 23rd minute, when some great play from Tim Ream culminated in the American drilling a great cross along the box – which Andreas Pereira just couldn’t get his foot too.

On the half hour mark they came even closer to restoring parity, when star forward Aleksandar Mitrovic connected with a Pereira cross at the near post to force Dean Henderson into a fantastic save.

The lively Kenny Tete was next to force Henderson into a good save, with the Forest keeper tipping a decent strike from the full-back around the post.

Despite being wholly dominated, Forest managed to hold on and maintain their 1-0 lead heading into the half-time break.

The visitors’ equaliser would finally come in the 54th minute. Tosin Adarabioyo rose, surprisingly unmarked, near the penalty spot to head a Willian corner past Henderson and into the top corner of the net. A brilliant header…but also not-so-brilliant defending from Forest.

That goal clearly had a positive impact on Fulham’s confidence in the final third as, four minutes later, they took the lead through Joao Palhinha. The talented midfielder struck first time from just outside the penalty area to curl the ball into the roof of the net. If you haven’t seen it, check out the highlights where you can, it was a belter.

Things got even better for the visitors on the hour mark as Harrison Reed volleyed home a clever low cross from Bobby Reid to make it 3-1. Yep, three goals in six minutes.

After that disastrous six minutes, Forest woke up and attempted to get themselves back into the game. After a few half chances were spurned, the home side found the net to make it 3-2 in the 77th minute, as Lewis O’Brien side-footed past Bernd Leno after latching onto an Adarabioyo clearance.

Unfortunately for the home side however, that was the end of the goalscoring as Fulham were able to hold on to their 3-2 advantage and earn a crucial three points.

Credit: 90min.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *